Sunday, August 19, 2007

Roadtripping ...

I haven't regularly roadtripped for the sake of just hitting the road since I was in college; but, given all the other stuff I have on my plate -- a lot of paddling, lately -- I spend a lot of hours behind the wheel.

By and large, I enjoy it. A lot. I'm always happy when there's enough give in the schedule to stop and smell the flowers, literally, and read historical markers and pop into ramshackle, old general stores.

I take the scenic route whenever I can.

Imagine my joy when Tamara sent me a link to a Web site dedicated to roadtrips. RoadtripAmerica.com is chock-full of advice on how to live and work from the road ("dashboarding," it's called), narrative reports on interesting day-, weekend- and longer trips, and a gallery of truly humorous roadside signs.

That's just some of what you can find there.

This week, you can also find a story about a trip Tam and I took to the Texas Coastal Bend. Next Sunday her article about Walla Walla, Washington's wineries will appear.

The RTA folks are some of the nicest I've dealt with in the world of publishing and it's a privilege to be featured on their pages. Check it out.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Nice new look to your water wilderness ...