Tuesday, December 26, 2006

"... one of the most exiting times of my life!"

I began a long post about our great adventure in South Austin today ... full of trivia about caves and caving and karst invertebrates and ... well, after reading my 7-year-old's journal entry on the same topic, I think I'll let him tell the story.

Reprinted with Patrick's kind permission:



I will say this: after the three boys returned from their guided tour of the South Caverns (a couple of us old dads opted for a snooze in the slightly more spacious Travis County Room), they emerged from the passageway exclaiming: "That was the tightest place we've ever come out of!"

A moment of silence, then my brother and I together say: "Second tightest ...."

Here's what it (not the Birth Canal, but some other pieces of our adventure) looked like:















A big thanks to Aimee and Geoff, Patrick and Lauren, for helping make a great day-after-Christmas memory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You messed-up on the title to your posting!
Take a closer look at Patrick's last line in his journal entry before the "P.S.".... you should have titled it, "...One of the most exiting times of my life".
You messed-up!

Aaron Reed said...

Well, I guess they're both accurate. I fixed it. Thanks.