Thursday, January 25, 2007

Schaumberg, who are you?

I don't really need to know, but I am curious. Send me an e-mail, or post a comment. I don't think I know anyone in Schaumberg, Ill.

Baton Rouge?

Belize -- hey Mike. Hope to see you sometime in the next year or so.

Mexico! Hiya Mel. Hope married life and the art world are both treating you well.

I'll get something fresh up here soon ... weekend weather here has been gruesome, and I've been busy at work. But ... I have a Cub Scout "polar bear" campout coming up this weekend, maybe a Hill Country road trip next week. Surely there will be something blog-worthy in one of those.

In the meantime, go check out Hornetbear's site. He's been fishing. Or go see Steve over at The Sneeze. Dude's hilarious. His "Ask Dr. Michael" series, from a previous webzine effort, is one of those things you read and think: "Man, why didn't I think of that?!"

In other news, keep an eye on the weather. There are rumors of a Siberian cold front headed this way at the end of next week. Some of the long-range forecasts are predicting sustained sub-freezing temps as far south as the Yucatan.

If that pans out -- and I sure hope it doesn't -- it could be disastrous for our burgeoning snook fishery. Not to mention mangrove snapper and speckled trout.

No comments: